I read somewhere recently that ‘Food is the most abused drug and exercise is the least used antidepressant’. So true! Have you ever tried this antidepressant? It is amazing, I tell you… There are so many benefits of the exercise.
1. You feel good because of the endorphins that are released in the body. Your body acts as if it is on morphine.
2. Heart pumping gets better. Good for your heart.
3. Lung capacity increases.
4. Stress gets relieved.
5. Skin gets better because of the sweat and sebum released.
6. Immunity power increases. So you can resist minor cold, cough easily.
7. Stable blood glucose over long period. ( One of the big reason for me to do it. Because you know what it spares insulin. So less complications). Dos and Don’ts of exercise for people with diabetes I will discuss some other time.
8. Digestive system gets better.
9. Concentration increases. It boosts memory by increasing oxygenation to the brain.
10. Strength training reduces the bone loss over the period and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
So many benefits if done properly! I recently read in one article that everybody over the age of 2 should get at least 10-15 minutes of exercise per day and ideally it should be an hour. So everybody should be doing around 150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise per week or at least 75 minutes of high intensity exercise per week to be in best health. I recommend people to start with 4 minutes of cardio, 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of stretching and 1 minute of relaxation. That is just 10 minutes per day. Everybody can take out 10 minutes of their day. Right? I have taken my dose of this awesome antidepressant. Have you taken yours??
Let me know what you do for your exercise routine?